[Q] Music, MIDI and squeak where to start ?

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Wed Sep 11 21:57:13 UTC 2002

I am getting interested in doing some music in squeak.

I am NOT looking for a sequencer but rather something that allows to
express high-level musical concepts such as "similarity" and
"conrast". I might try to write something myself in that area.

Where would I start to explore what capabilities are already present
in squeak. I believe MIDI input and output it all there right ? How
about writing scores (sheet music) ?

I have the "multimedia" book and it mentions "siren". But I only
undestood half of it and it didn't mention any high-level concepts, so
I belive it is not exactly what I want.

Any pointers would be very much apreciated.