squeak-dev now accessible by mail-to-news backend

Steve Elkins sgelkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 12 00:51:49 UTC 2002

Doug Way <dew_dropper at hotmail.com> writes:

> Interesting.  Here is a test post through the news gateway.

What does "through the news gateway" mean?  Did you subscribe to the
squeak newsgroup at gmane, post your message to the newsgroup, receive
a confirmation request from gmane at dew_dropper at hotmail.com, and then
reply?  If not, that would explain why this message passed through the
list admin interface and required approval.  If so, then my experience
was quite different from yours.

Cheers,
Steve

--
APL is a mistake, carried through to perfection.  It is the language of
the future for the problems of the past: it creates a new generation of