Symbian platform port

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Sep 12 10:57:39 UTC 2002

Chris Double <chris at double.co.nz> said:
>1) No mouse or stylus. Only a keyboard is available. There is a
>   'virtual cursor' that can be controlled with a direction pad but
>   that could be quite painful to use.

There's a project on SourceForge (called epocmouse or something like that)
that strives to develop the hard- and software to enable you to attach a mouse
to the Communicator. The hardware seems to be there (schematics are on the
site), and I think reading the serial port for mouse information would be not
very hard. The project seems to have stalled; it's probably quite complex to
insert a mouse driver into the OS and have it replace the direction pad, but I
think on the level of a Squeak VM this would be a much simpler thing to
tackle.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo