Linux plugin functional?

Avi Schwartz avi at cfftechnologies.com
Sun Sep 15 16:10:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

Couple of questions/problems with the Linux Netscape plugin:

1. The download links from the
http://squeakland.org/plugin/installers/ux.html page are broken (both
binaries and source).

Eventually I downloaded npsqueak-i386-linux-31a.tar.gz and
npsqueak-noarch-31a.tar.gz from
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/%7Ebert/squeak/plugin/download.html.
Installed the two archives per instructions and copied the plugin into
the mozilla plugin directory as well.

Restarted the browsers and tried the test page.  Received a popup that
it has "Trouble resolving sever name "plugintest.sts".

Went back to http://squeakland.org/author/essays.html and tried the
essay.  Downloaded and installed 48 updates, after which it seems that
the plugin is getting into an infinite loop of telling me there are
updates available, but if I select "Yes", it tells me that 0 new update
file(s) processed.  If I select "No", I get a "MessageNotUnderstood:
useTempChangeSet" error.

I have the same problem with Netscape 4.79 as well as Mozilla 1.1.  Tee
question is whether the plugin is supposed to work with these versions
of the browsers? And if it is, what may be the problem?

Thanks,
Avi
--
Avi Schwartz               Universe-watching, like golf and aging,
avi at CFFtechnologies.com         promotes humility - William R. Everdell