Release SqueakMap 020917!

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Sep 17 05:46:59 UTC 2002

Hi!

Quoting danielv at netvision.net.il:
> 3 comments and a question:
> 1. That's the version I was looking at, I like it.
> 2. I think the default view should simply show all software. We don't
> have so many packages that using categories are better off being
> mandatory (as in Debian).

Good point. I was thinking of adding a "pseudo category" called "[all packages]"
or something. Would that be good? If we keep it on the top it would work almost
as the "all" does in method categories.

> 3. Since the GUI as it is now already allows people to get at properly
> packaged software, it's already half way to what I want to have. So I
> would really like to have an interface to upload/update a package -
> that
> would enable us to immidiately start using it for any packages.

Do note that SqueakMap doesn't store packages. It was very intentional - my view
is that we simply can't agree on a central repository (or technique to use for
it ) there are too many options available (SCAN, CVS, source repository
solutions etc).

But anyway, I agree with you. I have a feature list on my personal readonly
swiki for SqueakMap:

http://anakin.bluefish.se:8000/gohu

Perhaps the ability to update/add entries in the morphic browser should be high
up in the priority. And also to extend the "install" button to handle the
zip-archives that Ned defined (it's on the feature list), that would enable
simple install of more complex packages (for 3.2).

> Daniel Vainsencher

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek