3d z-buffer issue

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sun Sep 22 02:16:43 UTC 2002

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:13:18 -0400 (EDT), Bob Arning  <arning at charm.net>
wrote:

> Try fooling with the near and far clipping planes. Making the near plane number as large as feasible is especially important, but reducing the far plane also helps. See B3DCamera>>setClippingPlanesFrom:

Actually, it looks like if you make the camera the default camera for the
scene (which I do), it sets the near and far clipping planes automatically
each time it renders the scene (see B3DScene >> renderOn:)

Are you saying that if I a world size of (2000.0 @ 2000.0) the z-buffer
precision isn't high enough to do that?

If its just that, I can scale the whole thing down by a factor of 10 or 50
or whatever...

Thanks,
Jon