OOPSLA BOF scheduling

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen_Wirfs-Brock at Instantiations.com
Thu Sep 26 20:17:25 UTC 2002

At 01:12 PM 9/26/2002 -0700, Avi Bryant wrote:
>Will Camp Smalltalk definitely be set up somewhere (ie, in the exhibit
>hall like last year) that an exhibits-only pass will get you into?  If so,
>maybe I'll cancel my registration... ;)
>
>Avi

I can't comment on any individual's personal financial situation.  However,
broad application of this tactic could be very shortsighted. If OOPSLA
continues to loose money (like I believe it did last year) then at some
point ACM will discontinue it. If we want OOPSLA to continue as a venue for
Squeak/Smalltalk activities then we need to support the conference by
paying our way.

Allen_Wirfs-Brock at Instantiations.com