(no subject)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Sep 27 12:11:16 UTC 2002

On 27 Sep 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:

> Federico E. Ferrara <feferrara at gmx.net> said:
> >Can I run Squeak without a Windows Manager? only with the XServer...
> >
> You can run all X apps without a Window Manager being present. It's just a bit
> hard to move these windows around, but apart from that everything ticks on.
> With Squeak, it makes a lot of sense :-). Just create a special user you can
> login as, and have an .xinitrc with just: 'squeak -fullscreen <image>' for
> that user.

I'd rather use .xsession , and fix  -fullscreen first.

At least here the parameter does nothing, whether with a WM or without.

What I see from the source is this: The window is always created with the
saved size. In SetWindowSize() the fullscreen size is set via
noteResize(), but when the window is mapped, the first ConfigureEvent does
a noteResize() with the actual size (which still is the default),
overwriting the requested fullscreen size.

-- Bert