Symbian platform port

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Sep 29 02:23:33 UTC 2002

Chris Double <chris at double.co.nz> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Yes that's possible. It's the approach I'd take first if I was doing
> it. There is an 'epoc' port floating around that could perhaps be used
> as the basis for a Symbian port.
The chunk of code that Pablo Rodruigez sent me some time ago is
available on
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/EPOCsources.ZIP
for possible useful perusal. It apparently produces a vm that kind of
runs on a Psion 5, but it doesn't work on my netBook. Lots of stuff is
hardcoded and chopped away to get a basic vm.  One of the things that
was/is a problem with the EPOC port is the apparent need for the globals
to be gathered into a struct of some some sort and initialised. As it
happens John McI has recently done some code to do (at least most of)
this, so things may be in much better state. Then again, I heard that
some hack could avoid the whole problem, though I can't remember what
the hack actually was.

I still can't make much progres myeslf since I still don't have a usable
windows capability on which to run the SDK.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Oblitus sum perpolire clepsydras!
= I forgot to polish the clocks!