MVC Browswer 'Double Take'

Tim Rowledge squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Sep 5 01:08:13 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 04:59  PM, Bob Arning wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:15:25 EDT Mark4Flies at aol.com wrote:
>> I just noticed that the System Browser in a MVC project jumps twice (up
>> or This is normal. In MVC, the scroll amount is proportional to the
>> distance between the top of the scroll bar and the mouse click location.
>>  The lower down you click, the farther you go. See implementors of
>> #scrollAmount.
If he's referring to thesame thing as me this is not what is happening.
There is a _definite_ double jump; I can see it, and a simple test is to
position the cursor right at the bottom (or top) and see if the top (or
bottom) item in the list becomes the bottom (or top, or whatever - I'm
lost) item. For me, it just exactly twice as far as it should. By changing
the delay time for the initial repeat to 500mS it stops being a problem.

tim
tim at sumeru.stanford.edu