MIDI on OSX testing

Maloney, John squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Sep 5 17:28:30 UTC 2002

Jay, this is really fabulous! Any chance the code is backward
compatible with OS 9, perhaps with some sort of system
extension. (Probably not, but it's worth asking...)
What's the earliest OS X release that had MIDI support?

I'm delighted--I haven't been able to do MIDI output to an
external synth on the Mac since I got a USB Mac. And we've
*never* been able to handle multiple MIDI port interfaces
like the MIDISport using SimpleMIDIPort. Thanks!

Could you send me and John McIntosh your sqMacMIDI.c?

John Mac--If you get a chance, could you take a look
at Jay's code and, if it looks good, fold it into the VM
source code?

	-- John