AI project: "world state" seems to be required.

Bob Arning squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat Sep 7 22:07:18 UTC 2002

On Sat, 07 Sep 2002 14:32:54 -0700 Alan Grimes =
<alangrimes at starpower.net> wrote:
>I have been looking at the possibility of using a raw paste-up morph
>without a world state. It doesn't appear to be viable because there
>doesn't appear to be a way to have the facility of hands and the =
control
>of time through the manipulation of the time stepping without it.=20

Alan,

I don't think you've described anything that requires getting tangled =
up in "worlds". Here is a simple experiment:

- get a PasteUpMorph from the new morph menu or objects tool
- get a ClockMorph and drop it in the PasteUpMorph
- the clock will start ticking -- you have stepping
- you can pick up the ClockMorph and set it back down -- you have hands

What else do you need?

Cheers,
Bob