The standard does *not* support - a removeAll: a - [was: Re: [BUG] Collection>>removeAll:]

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Sep 9 08:21:10 UTC 2002

Hi all!

(humour ahead, watch out for the bumps in the road)

Darn isn't this thread hard to kill? :-) To try to sum it up:

1. Andrew and Richard both know their way around the ring of rhetorics.
Proven beyound reasonable doubt. :-)

2. We are quite a few people disagreeing (here and there) on this
special case. But that is OK! Count to 10, take a few breaths and repeat
after me "It is ok if we disagree on some things...".

3. Someone please post a changeset holding the changes that we agree on?
(signalling error, adding removeAll)

4. If anyone is up to it, please fire up the "NCollection" ("New
collections") branch I was talking about so that we can experiment
further without all these heated discussions. (since that wouldn't
change the existing Collection classes).

regards, Göran