[ANN] Cash For Documentation project

Masashi Umezawa squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Sep 9 10:46:47 UTC 2002

Hi,

> Are there comment guidelines somewhere?  The present comments look
> awful in Dandelion because it must do a <pre> around them to maintain
> any formatting that does exist which results in very, very long
> lines.  Is Dandelion even accepted as a good way to browse (i.e.,
> would comments formatted for Dandelion be accepted by the Squeak
> Browser lovers?).

It is not so difficult to change the current formatting behavior of
Dandelion.
It generates 'dandelion.css' file. So, if you can define some appropriate
styles to the <pre> tag in that css,  you'll see the pretty-printed html. I
could adopt the revised css to the next version of Dandelion. (But I think
css has some limits in word-wrapping, so current Dandelion handles <pre>
tags very plainly).

As for Scamper, it does not show even HTML 2.0 pages successfully. I think
it is not a good idea to generate Scamper-oriented poor html files.
Dandelion should be used for exporting Smalltalk codes to the outside
environments (other than Squeak). If you would like to publish your project
in a 'squeaky' way,  I think using the Squeak plug-in is the best choice.

Cheers,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]