Silly mac question

John M McIntosh squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Sep 10 20:20:31 UTC 2002

They show the name of the VM. The name in classic mode comes from the
VM. The VM is hidden away in the MacOSClassic folder. You must under
os-9 show the package contents, then drill down to the
Contents/MacOSClassic folder to find the actual VM.

An os-9 finder treats a package (actually a folder) the same as a file,
until you say you want to see the contents. Double clicking on the
package causes the alias file you find at the same level as the Content
folder to be launch, that of course points to the VM in the
MacOSClassic folder

Mmm on ox-s the file name ending of .app is the clue.

On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 11:01  AM, Bob Arning wrote:

> Anyone know how to make the newer mac VMs (the application package
> ones that also work in OSX) show the same name in the menubar as they
> display in the Finder? Even when I rename them, they still say "Squeak
> 3.2.7b4 Classic" in the application menu. Two or three of these and I
> start getting confused.
>
> Cheers,
> Bob

===