Win Squeak needs to know about waking up! (Re: Laptop suspend ing and network drives)

Jarvis, Robert P. Contingent squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Sep 11 14:54:45 UTC 2002

> From: Andreas Raab [mailto:Andreas.Raab at gmx.de]
>
> If it doesn't
> send a notification to the window that's been woken up after
> a sleep to
> redraw itself, what do you expect Squeak to do?! If it isn't
> capable of
> getting the network connections back up what do you expect Squeak to
> do?! Test on each every access if the connection is still there and if
> not try to restart Windows?! (hey, now that's an idea ;-)))

We are Microsoft of Borg.  Prepare to be rebooted.  :-)

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company