[OT] Looking for St-80; ST/V for DOS

Swan, Dean squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat Sep 21 00:24:04 UTC 2002

Aaron,

  I have a copy of ST/V 2.0 for DOS on my PC at this very instant.  Believe it or not, it will run from an NT command prompt (full screen only :-( ), and it's pretty zippy on a 1.4GHz P4.  I also have a copy of ST/V-286 at home, but I'd be real hard pressed to find 5.25" High Density floppy drive to read it with.  If I scrounge, I might be able to find it on a 3.5" someplace.

  Of course, you wouldn't be asking anyone to do anything illegal now, would you? ;-)  Let me go on record as anti-DMCA, and if Cincom won't sell you a copy (and I'm pretty sure they won't) you can certainly borrow mine and make a backup.  I really think that software and/or books that are out of print should become PD.

  I also think ParcPalce and Digitalk merging was a bad thing.  Thankfully, Squeak makes this mostly irrelevant.

							-Dean