3D Hardware Acceleration

Jon Hylands squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Sep 23 22:55:42 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

=46or some totally un-explainable reason, my VM has started crashing when=
 I'm
in software mode and I start my little 3D AUV demo. I even created a new
3.2 image, and filed in an earlier change set that worked fine this
morning, and still my VM crashes.

Anyways, I was playing around with stuff and remembered the "F2" button
which brings up the VM menu which lets you pick OpenGL versus D3D for
hardware rendering. The default was D3D, so I switched it to OpenGL, =
turned
on HW acceleration in the B3DSceneMorph, and started the demo up. It =
works
fine, although the floor texture doesn't work, but unlike in D3D mode it
handles the lighting correctly.

However, when I went to close the morph, I "lost" the area of the display
that the 3D rendering was taking place in. When in D3D mode the window
closes properly, but in OpenGL mode I get a big hole in the middle of the
Squeak desktop...

I'm assuming something isn't getting released correctly. Are there any
known issues with this? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon