Swiki rendering problems

Christian EITNER squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Sep 27 08:07:30 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I run a Swiki and have some problems with getting it to render.

My Swiki's parent is refs which has no security profile. Since mine has to be protected a bit, I set standard rights to read only and added me as "Allow all". When I go to MySwiki/render and type in the password, there is an authorization error and nothing gets rendered.

Okay, since refs renders I tried to temporarily remove the security profile from my Swiki and went to /render again. The strange thing that happens than is that somehow the rendering process seems to go round in a cycle, in the /rendered directory files appear and disappear, and it seems as if the process never could get past a certain page number.

Hmm, I again reapplied and re-removed the security profile, this time I had to type in the Admin user:password combination, no complaints, but no rendering at all. Very strange.

Is there some simple way to debug the Swiki while running, or should I tweak some XML file?

Christian
Austrian student in France/Switzerland