Bad Aspects of Morphic?

Lex Spoon squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun Sep 29 03:23:08 UTC 2002

"Eddie Cottongim" <cottonsqueak at earthlink.net> wrote:
> One current problem involves the ScrollPane [ScrollPane+TwoWayScrollPane]:
> The entire contents of scrollpanes are drawn all the time, even when most of
> them are not visible.  A heavy user of ScrollPanes can get burned bad on
> this. Lex Spoon has a patch that fixes this is the special case of
> PluggableLists, but it is still a problem for others.

Hmm, I suppose the fullDrawOn: method, or maybe one of its close
cousins, might be a good place to insert the smarts.  Let's see,
drawSubmorphsOn: looks promissing -- TransformMorph already has this
method overriden to do some clipping, but it simply isn't restrictive
about which morphs get drawn.

-Lex