Is Squeak usable on Sharp Zaurus SL-5X00

Tommy Thorn squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun Sep 29 07:39:56 UTC 2002

Aaron J Reichow wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, I wrote:
>
>>- Power management is totally lacking.  There's currently no way for
>>Squeak to detect some amount of idle time, nessesary for it is suspend
>>by itself.  You can suspend manually by
>>

>There should be a way to talk to the Morphic event system, and when
>there's not been a UI event processed for N minutes, execute your manual
>suspension line.

I couldn't find it, but admittedly I haven't tried very hard. Also, that
of course won't do it for MVC, but that's less of an issue.

On a more general note, Squeak isn't really all that nice from a power
point of way: it burns way to many cycles when it should be idle. There
has been some discussion about gettimeofday calls and some patches proposed.

>>- There is no support for the five special keys Zaurus.
>>

>It should be doable.  Doit "Sensor kbdTest" and press each of these

I think you misunderstand.  Currently the VM (actually DirectFB) mapping
is wrong/non-existing.

Cheers,

  Tommy