Call for proposals for hosting the ESUG Smalltalk Conference 2003

Noury Bouraqadi squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Sep 30 09:13:22 UTC 2002

Apologies for multiple receptions.

--------------------
*** Call for Proposals for Hosting the ESUG 2003 Smalltalk Conference

ESUG (http://www.esug.org) is a non-profit organization which was
founded in 1991. Its goal is promoting object technology within the
context of the Smalltalk programming language. To acheive this goal,
ESUG undertakes many activities, such as:
-organizing conferences and workshops that allow users and vendors and
also industry people and academics to meet,
-providing free teaching materials and books to students and
universities,
-supporting local Smalltalk users groups and helping establish new
ones,
-...

ESUG is looking for local organizers to host its 2003 conference. The
conference will take place the last week of August 2003 (i.e. from
Saturday August 23rd to Friday August 30th). Please send proposals to
mailto:esug-info at esug.org by November 15th, 2002. Each proposal should
include three names and email addresses for the local organization
contact people, and give information about location, hosting, ...

For a sample, please look at
http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr:8000/esug2002/

Some practical information:
- At the 2002 edition of the conference at Douai, France, we had
around 100 participants. A room with a broadband internet connection
and an excellent infrastructure was open 24h/day.
- We had a student volunteer program to help the local organizers to
take care of the coffee break, material, badges, projectors...
- If you want to offer to organize ESUG, you should consider that we
would like to also host CampSmalltalk, and to have a two track
sessions. For this reason we will need two amphitheaters, and a room
with network access.
- The ESUG Board takes care of the conference program.
- Before chosing your location we will contact you to check certain
details about the organization of the social event, and about hosting
possibilities. Ideally, we would like to be able to have everybody in
a single location.
- We will also provide you a list of tips and tricks to organize ESUG,
so that you can profit from the experience we have accumulated over
the years.

We hope to hear about you soon, and hope that you will suggest a great
place for the 11th edition of the ESUG conference.

The ESUG Board.