[ANN] SerialTTY-nk registered on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Apr 1 15:49:48 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 07:34 am, Jon Hylands wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:38:50 -0800, Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com>
wrote:
> > SerialTTY builds on Ian Piumarta's Telnet package to provide a
> > serial terminal.
> >
> > It will load the Telnet package if necessary, and will add it to
> > the World menu if you're using 3.4.
>
> Ned,
>
> Do you know if this will work on a PocketPC PDA?
>
> I'd love to be able to run the debug menu for my mini-sumo on my
> PDA instead of my laptop...

Hi Jon,

It should run (if your machine's SerialPort class works, that is). No
idea how fast, but it makes a nice terminal.

I'm working on using the AsyncFile stuff to make blocking serial stuff
work; it's working fine in my tests. If you have the AsyncFile plugin
built it may work faster.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com