Squeakmap / LoadScript Question

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 2 09:25:56 UTC 2003

Hi!

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> Hernan Tylim <htylim at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> > 	Should I add this script in the Jacaranda.sar preamble or should I make
> > this script a separate squeakmap package?
>
> If there's a possible reason why someone might want an alternative
> packaging, make the script separate. If not, make it part of the base.

That is probably what I would do too. And then you could rename
"Jacaranda" to "Jacaranda base" or someting and make the load script be
named "Jacaranda".

Also note that these issues (installation of prereqs) will change in
both SM1.1 (in which you can make load scripts that refer to specific
package releases) and SM1.2 in which I plan to implement a dependency
resolution engine making it possible for SM to "figure out" what
packages to install based on dependencies.

Yeah, I know. Hack, hack... :-)

> Example - if someone else might want to mention Jacaranda in his load
> script, that also loads Connectors and patches, for example, he might
> want to load the Jacaranda code without any loadscript.

Right.

regards, Göran