Is there a Squeak3.x way to do "thisContext inquire"

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 2 22:17:24 UTC 2003

Brian Keefer <mgomes21 at cox.net> wrote:
> 'thisContext inquire message' will search the sender chain for the first
> receiver that understands message and send it to him.

I implemented this when I was experimenting with dynamic scope.  I no
longer promote dynamic scope due to its violation of encapsulation and
therefore violation of capability security.  Exception handling is form
of dynamic scope, which you can use.  The capabilities people still
haven't figured out how to deal with exception handling but I think it
is pretty clear that we do not want to get rid of it.

Cheers,
Anthony