TestBrowser freezes - how to debug

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Wed Apr 2 21:33:19 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> writes:

> On Sunday 30 March 2003 02:07 pm, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
>
> > I just noticed that the TestBrowser does not come up anymore. This
> > must have something to do with stuff I filed in recently or with
> > things I messed up personally.

I guess I found the origin of the problem: I had prepared a
(smalltalk) presentation using a book morph in a separate project. I
had embedded live content (a Browser, an Inspector etc) into pages of
the book (cool !). I had also changed a few things in the title bars,
background colors, fonts of these tools in their respective
classes. The content in the book still showed the original look
though.

Is this dangerous ? Looks like it.

I filed in that project into a new 3.5 image (I finally succeeded -
contrary to my other posting). After that I had all sorts of problems
in the new image. Not exactly the same but actually more sever ones. I
could not even go back from the presentation to the previous project.