[RFC][Harvesting] Grouping bug and fix posts together on one page

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Apr 3 23:38:29 UTC 2003

Am Donnerstag, 03.04.03 um 04:13 Uhr schrieb Brent Vukmer:

> I wish there was a page that showed the [BUG] and [FIX] posts* grouped
> together appropriately...  ( Along with [BUG][FIX] posts, of course
> :)).
>
> Is that something that the Guides and the rest of the community would
> like?

I doubt that it would add more value than it takes away by adding yet
another redundant repository.

Anyway, I'm not going to put that on my server. It would double the
startup time for sqfixes which already is a couple of minutes for
parsing the 30+ megabytes mail file.

>   Is that a doable procmail + PWS MailArchiveAction hack?

Everything is doable. Use The Source, Luke! ;-)

Anyway, the harvesting scheme via sqfixes was only meant as a
short-term interim solution to get the next release(s) out the door.
I'd rather see a better scheme installed sooner than later. Reducing
the clutter on this list would be a Good Thing.

-- Bert