Porta-Squeak

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Thu Apr 3 23:59:05 UTC 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 04:44 pm, Andreas Raab wrote:
> > Since the M$ compiler doesn't so far as I know allow global
> > register variables I doubt it would work.
>
> There's still no gcc for WinCE?! I'm surprised... what about XScale?! Last
> time I heard something it sounded as if Intel had a gcc for it.

I just saw a post from February on the gcc cross-compiler list that they had a
tool chain working well on linux for building ARM WinCE executables. I still
haven't actually been able to find a distro, but they are getting close :)

I'm running Linux as my primary box right now, so if anyone knows where I can
find something I'll give it a try. The other issue with coding from that
platform is getting the application to the WinCE device. If you have CF card
reader then it's easy, otherwise you have to have a Windoze box with
ActiveSync to put it on (VMWare works great in this regard)

Brian