Squeak multilingualization on SqueakMap

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 4 10:31:03 UTC 2003

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   I found it awkward to keep saying "I have no time to do this," so I
> made an SAR package for the multilingualization.
>
>   I only test it on vanilla 3.4 image, and some features are not
> implemented.  Also, I anticipated format changes on the .changes file,
> so I don't know if I can keep going along with this SAR style
> installer.  (Well, it is also true that we can do whatever we want in
> Squeak, so there will be always a workaround this, though.)
>
>   The fixes from Boris are included and the workspace that appears at
> the end of installation shows the example code from him.  Thank you
> Boris.
>
>   As always, any comments and suggestions are welcome,
>
> -- Yoshiki

Great. Thank you for your work! I filed it in a Squeak 3.4 image
successfully.
The process is now the same as with any other package. I clicked the
selection
in SqueakMap downloaded it and installed it.
Now I will read the code and put some notes on the Swiki if you don't
mind.
Especially I will look into stacking and combining various diacritics
with base vowels.
If somebody already has example scripts / tests please send it in.

-- Hannes