Porta-Squeak

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sat Apr 5 00:31:06 UTC 2003

  Brian,

> Oh... one other thing I forgot to ask about... the GAPI VM only let's you set
> the Memory usage to a maximum of 12MB, is there a way to change
> this?

  No.  I believe (I would be happy if I'm wrong) that The virtual
alloc cannot create bigger than 12-point-something MB region on CE
because of 32MB segmentation architecture.

> The non-GAPI doesn't ask, so is there a way to set the memory
> allocation on a pocket pc somehow?

  I thought the nonGAPI version also lets you set the memory size...

  If you have an external card, you will be able to set the backing
store memory size.

> Is there a registry entry I can create that would do it?
> (I wouldn't think we were using the registry, but I'll ask anyway)

  No.  Altough I think using the registry isn't too bad idea for this
purpose.  If is not too different from using Squeak.ini file.

-- Yoshiki