Jumbo-changes 3.0 -> 3.6 image available on ftp site

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Apr 6 05:41:40 UTC 2003

I just put together an image/changes pair which is 3.6alpha, but has
update-changesets going all the way back to Squeak 3.0.  It has over
1500 updates in the change sorter.  Woo!

This is especially handy if you're trying to look back at more of the
history of a method's changes.  Or, if you're trying to update an old
3.0/3.2-era changeset to work with a newer release (and possibly using
my ConflictChecker utility to do this).

I know that Ned and others have asked about something like this in the
past, but I had trouble putting one together at first because the
3.0final image points to the wrong update server (and I forgot how to
fix that), so you can't easily update from a 3.0 image.   But I
happened to find a fresh 3.1alpha-4600 or so image lying around, which
had updates going back to 3.0, and already pointed to the current
server.  So I just updated it all the way to 3.6alpha.

For now, I just put it in the "testing" directory on the uiuc ftp site.
  Perhaps it should go under the 3.6alpha directory, although it's not
really something that most people need.  Here it is:

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/testing/Squeak3.6a.from3.0.zip

- Doug Way