[ANN] Karel's World registered on SqueakMap, uploaded to Squeakland-BSS

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Apr 6 18:32:59 UTC 2003

Hi ned

I'm trying to understand how this is really working.
I tried to understand how the collision with the wall is done so I
looked at move. I do not understand obtrudes
How can I see its definition.

Then the flag for drag and drop of the bot are false but I can still
drag it

Then how do you define the fact that a drop of a bot or item fall on a
cross, I could not find it.

For a beeper I saw that you have a script running seeIf...isOnTop ... :)

Stef

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 06:24 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Sunday 06 April 2003 09:13 am, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> I know but what I want to explain is normal traditional not fun
>> programming
>> like in Smalltalk ;)
>> One principle I try to apply is that I can only write on what I
>> know well and I only know well how to program in traditional
>> programming languages ;)
>>
>> Seriously one of the problem is that I do not have a school to test
>> full time eToy and learn from the experience so I stay in a domain
>> I know. I think that what kim is writing can be really interesting
>> because they have experience and the time to do it.
>
> Well, just for an example, I've made a version of Karel the Robot
> using eToys. This is pretty much my first full eToy project.
>
> It's called "Karel's World" on SqueakMap, and "Karel's World.002.pr"
> on Squeakland-BSS.
>
> --
> Ned Konz
> http://bike-nomad.com
> GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html