Crash in Windows (sound related)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 17:37:40 UTC 2003

Bob,

Couple of things you should do:

a) get the latest VM (from the debug output I can see that this is not the
latest ;-)
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/squeak/Squeak-Win32-3.4.2-VM.zip?download

b) Toggle the direct sound preference (Press F2, go to "Display and Sound",
and turn off "Use DirectSound"). If this changes things then get working
drivers for your sound card ;-)

c) If this doesn't change things either, get a new sound card ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas