[Q] Reading a directory of images...

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Apr 8 21:00:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Brian Brown wrote:

> If I import them, they are still corrupted - for example, I'm working with gif
> images that have  no transparencies, but certain pixel values are transparent
> once I try to use them from ImageImports (displaying them on web page via
> Seaside code). If I open vs. Import it looks ok. Also, Imported images with
> text in them will have the edges of the text become noisy, but opening them
> one at a time looks fine within the image. Looking at them in a browser
> before importing them shows them to be correct.

Ahh... my guess is the problem is when converting the Form back into a GIF
to show over the web.  What ends up getting sent is Form>>asWebImage,
which is a method added by Comanche, so you can look there for clues.

What I should probably do is add support to Seaside for using a
MIMEDocument as an image instead of a Form, so you can just read the
images in as streams of bytes instead of doing the double conversion.

Avi