[DVS] How to mark an extension as belonging to two packages?

Hernan Tylim htylim at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 9 16:25:32 UTC 2003

Hi,

> > I've got a case in Connectors where I've extended Morph.
> > Now say that someone comes along and wants to modify that method in
> > their package (i.e. to override or modify my extension to Morph). How
> > should this method be marked to indicate that it belongs to both
> > packages?
> >
> > Right now the test is something like "method category begins with '*',
> > packagename". So if they prepend their own package name, it
> > disappears from Connectors.
> >
> > I see this (for instance) in Jacaranda, where Hernan fixed a method
> > from Connectors.
> >
> > He relabled the method category as "*jacaranda-*connectors-something".
> > However, that makes it disappear from Connectors unless I change the
> > category back.
> >
> > Would it make sense to change the logic so that the above would be
> > seen as both a Jacaranda *and* a Connectors method?
>
> Hmm... but if another package changes the method than that version of
> the method is associated with the new package not the one that the old
> version was associated with... No?

In the particular case of Jacaranda I have only one method which does what
Ned describes: Morph>>resizeMorph
And the truth is that I completely forgot that this method existed or I
would asked Ned to add it to Connectors if he thinks it's appropiate. Ned?
(What my change only does is add a missing #globalPointToLocal:)

Regards,
Hernan