Heavy mailing list ...

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Apr 9 19:20:12 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> May be we could have a list where the [Ann] are forwarded automatically
> hence people can only get the announced new stuff.

That might be a good idea, if it's not too difficult.  Cees or anyone?

I think the old squeak-announce list failed because all of the regular
squeakers were on the main list, and forgot to post announcements on the
announce list.  But a list based on forwarding [Ann] messages would probably
work.

One other thing that's increased traffic a bit is the new
harvesting/commenting scheme that takes place on this list.  Still, that's
probably added only about 10% to the traffic.  If the harvesting-related
traffic gets extremely busy, we could move it to a separate list, in theory.
But the list-based harvesting is not meant to be a permanent solution, anyway,
so that extra traffic won't last forever.

- Doug Way