Squeak Xbox port

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Thu Apr 10 00:10:35 UTC 2003

Hi Chris--

> They aren't open but they don't really need to be.  That's why
> we have computers, after all.

	I seem to recall some concern that THEY were trying to make it so that
these closed appliance things were the only choice for every situation,
that computers as we know them would become extinct/illegal/whatever.
I'm not sure I agree, but the concern is out there.

> And in any case, living rooms are not great places to program.
> They're places to talk to people, watch TV, play video games, etc.
> They're _not_ places where you'd typically concentrate on a
> text-filled video screen.

	Why fill it with text? For example, I've had great fun "programming" in
groups of people, with a large display, via direct graphical
manipulation. I think such social computing remains a very interesting
untapped area (I could easily believe there's no money in it, though :).

-C

--
Craig Latta
http://netjam.org/resume