squeak paths and PWS

Greg Hamilton gregh at object-craft.com.au
Thu Apr 10 01:44:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm new to Squeak and Smalltalk. I'm playing around with Squeak 3.2 on
MacOSX.

I'm trying to start PWS. I've followed the instructions in
PWS:howToStart and downloaded the files I need for my Server directory.
When I do a 'PWS initializeAll' Squeak complains that the server
directory is wrong and pops up a browser window in which I must enter
the correct path to the Server directory.
I know the correct path but I must be entering it incorrectly as it
never works. What is the Squeak convention for expressing paths ?

The Server directory is on a volume called 'MacHD' in the path
/Applications/Local/Squeak3.2-4956-MacOS-Full/Server

I've tried specifying this as
	Applications:Local:Squeak3.2-4956-MacOS-Full:Server:
and
	MacHD:Applications:Local:Squeak3.2-4956-MacOS-Full:Server:
and a few other variations but I can't get it to work.

Greg