Need feedback on simple idea

Adam Spitz aspitz at student.math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 10 15:23:26 UTC 2003

Jon Hylands wrote:

> From an implementor's point of view, instance variable accessing is just
> like any other variable accessable -- temp variables, arguments, class
> variables, globals. Why should they be any different?

Oh, they shouldn't. Those should all be done through messages, too. ;)

I won't argue this too vigorously, since it looks like we aren't going
to reach a consensus anytime soon. But Stephane, if you guys are still
interested in experimenting with this, let me know if there's anything I
can do to help.

Adam Spitz