[ANN] Squeak 3.5 released

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Apr 12 04:51:06 UTC 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 05:19 PM, Aaron J Reichow wrote:

> Perhaps this exists somewhere on the Swiki already, but is there any
> reference listing the major and special minor differences between 3.4
> and
> 3.5?  Anyone care to list them here if not?

It probably should be on the swiki, you're right.  The release plans
should probably be on the swiki, too, once they're announced.

Anyway, there are only two bug fixes in 3.5, relative to 3.4.  Pretty
much covered by my earlier description: "The fixes cover problems with
the ClassBuilder when rebuilding all classes,
and fixes for saving and loading projects containing .gifs or .jpgs."
(You could call this three bug fixes if you wanted.)

For more details, look at updates 5172 and 5173, these are the only
changes.

> Also, what are the planned differences or new features in 3.6?

A draft plan of new features will be posted very soon.  One thing that
has already been agreed upon is that it will be released in August.
Suffice to say it will have a lot more changes than 3.5 did.

- Doug Way