KCP call for idea, experience

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Apr 13 13:15:11 UTC 2003

GREAT NEWS!
Once I should look at the VM code. Alex should show me that.

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 03:12 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

>> I imagine easily that the VM has some knowledge that some methods are
>> really defined on this class.
>
> Actually no. None of the primitives in SystemDictionary depend on
> being in
> SystemDictionary.
>
>> 	- How can I find the methods that are called by the VM
>> on Smalltalk?
>
> There are none. You are free to move any of the primitives to any
> place you
> would like.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html