[ANN]Draft rough plan for 3.6!

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Apr 15 12:16:28 UTC 2003

Hi Marcus and all!

Marcus, what are your thoughts on how we should verify the (removed)
package installations?
You have been working with some of them and also with tests so it would
be interesting to hear.

Do you think there is a point in creating a test-package for each that
at least does *some* kind of test - no matter how simple?

I also wonder how we should take care of the demo Projects in the image
- as Andreas asked. Perhaps we should simply make the ProjectView (or
whatever its called - the thing with the thumbnail that loads the
Project) SM aware?

Then we could register those demo projects on SM. And for 3.6 we could
simply add a load script that installs the needed packages in order for
them to work (later the dependency mechanisms should be able to handle
it, but we don't have that yet).

regards, Göran