About HTML removal

Adam Spitz aspitz at student.math.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 15 23:14:55 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> I tried the package removal but it removes also the HTML parser that we
> need to access our changesets on Swiki :(

Sorry about that. The Scamper removal script, as it is now, removes both
the Scamper and the stuff in the Network-HTML* categories, since they
seem to depend on each other. (The HTML stuff doesn't depend very
heavily on Scamper, but it looked like Scamper had a few methods that
the HTML stuff needed.)

I was hoping that somebody would step forward and volunteer to maintain
Scamper, and that that person would separate the HTML stuff and Scamper
into two separate packages. So far I don't think anyone has volunteered,
though.

Today is a busy day for me, but I'll split up the two packages as soon
as I can. In the meantime, if you open up the Scamper SAR file (it's on
SqueakMap), you'll find two changesets inside: Network-HTML.cs and
Scamper.cs. If you just file in Network-HTML.cs, does your stuff work?

Adam