FW: problem installing SM in latest 3.6 alpha

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Apr 17 07:45:11 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > The DoIt which spawned all this was:
> >
> > 	^ self deleteCardWithId: 'c8bd2b9c-4995-4f96-93ed-9cd85e350a47'
> >
> > which in turn came from SMSqueakMap>>#loadLog.
>
> Hi Brent,
> Remove the log files in the sm/ directory and then update SM from the
> net.

Yes, that should fix it. I think (haven't checked, just guessing) that
this is due to the UUID bug that we had a long time ago. But since SM
stores all state in a log file and tries to load itself from there if it
exists you probably had a log file that contained those erroneus
transactions.

But as Ned says, if you whipe that log file then SM performs a full
reload from the net and you should get a squeaky :-) clean one without
the problem.

Yep, we should probably include a little menu choice for this like
"reset the darn map" or something. :)

regards, Göran