Two new development lists.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Thu Apr 17 22:10:46 UTC 2003

> This might be true and it might be not. I think that this particular
> aspect will be of interest for many people working in the handheld
> community - just think about a Linux-PDA with /dev/fb access ;-)

I'm thinking in the other direction.

I'm trying to build a dual athlon/1GB DDR ram system with a very minimal
linux.

The login can be configured to send you directly to Squeak, no bash
even!

With almost total control over two processors and a whole mess of memory
(900mb avail!) it should be very competitive in performance as well as
ease. =)

My motive in this is to support my AI research.

--
Having never read a manual, it takes less effort to hack something
togeather with www.squeak.org than it does with C++ and five books.