Squeak on Zaurus 5500SL

Doug Mair dmair at columbus.rr.com
Fri Apr 18 16:57:51 UTC 2003

Re: Squeak on Zaurus 5500SLFrom what I am finding out, the Zaurus 5500SL is a different machine than the one Yoshiki Ohshima's instructions work for.

I did get Squeak running on my Zaurus with Dynapad using the instructions found at:
    http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2930
    and some help from the squeak-dev list

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this version actually has morphic running.  I wasn't expecting that.

Now I will have to learn the gesture interface so that I can bring up halos using a stylus, etc.

Who'da thought you could actually graphically program on a handheld computer.

Thanks,
Doug Mair