Squeak on SuSE Linux 8.1

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Apr 18 17:16:22 UTC 2003

On Friday 18 April 2003 08:04 am, Marco Paga wrote:
> Hi.
> I just downloaded the squeak source package (3.4-1) and compiled it
> with all the plugins. After a make install the squeak VM seemed to
> run, but the window is looking very strange and the screen freezes
> (linux and x are working just squeak doesn't work after some
> seconds working around in squeak). The window titles in squeak are
> totally black and the selected text in the system browser is black
> underlined.
> Has anybody seen something like this??

Yes. Look at your config.h. Assuming you're on an x86 box, the defines
should look something like:

Note especially the DOUBLE_WORD_* defines.

#define OS_TYPE "unix"

#define VM_HOST "i686-pc-linux-gnu"
#define VM_HOST_CPU "i686"
/* #undef       VM_HOST_VENDOR */
#define VM_HOST_OS "linux-gnu"

/* #undef       WORDS_BIGENDIAN */
/* #undef       DOUBLE_WORD_ALIGNMENT */
#define DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER 1

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com