String findTokens:?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Apr 22 21:34:57 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 01:08 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
>>2. The statement ft _ fc findTokens: t1.  isn't doing what I want.
>>It is however, doing what it claims. :)
>>I only want the exact string '#EXTINF:' as a token. I do not want
>>it broken down into characters as tokens.
>
> Don't you want '#EXTINF:' as a separator?

That is exactly what I want.

> If so, you can do this:
>
> ft := fc findBetweenSubStrs: { '#EXTM3U'. '#EXTINF:' }.

That does exactly what I wanted. I browsed that code yesterday, but
didn't quite understand it. I'll spend more time on it.

Thanks Ned.

> which for a sample chunk of playlist that I got off the net returned:
>
>  an OrderedCollection(' ' '341,Womack & Womack - Baby I''m scared of
> you \my music\womack & womack - baby i''m scared of you.mp3 '
> '366,Michael Jackson - Don''t Stop Til You Get Enough \my
> music\Michael Jackson History Past, Present And Future - Don''t Stop
> Til You Get Enough.mp3 ' '164,Case Feat. Ike Dirty - Not Your Friend
> (Remix) \my music\Case Feat. Ike Dirty - Not Your Friend (Remix).mp3
> ' '292,maria callas - bizet habanera from carmen \my music\maria
> callas - bizet habanera from carmen.mp3 ' '273,TURN OFF THE LIGHTS -
> nelly furtado \my music\Turn of the Lights - nelly furtado.mp3 '
> '217,city high - like a sunrise \my music\city high - like a
> sunrise.mp3 ' '214,Dr. Dre - Xxplosive (feat Hittman, Kurupt, Nate
> Dogg, and Six Two) \my music\chronic 2001 dr. dre - Xxplosive (feat
> Hittman, Kurupt & Nate Dogg).mp3 ' '135,Method Man And Redman - Da
> Rockwilder \my music\redman & method man - da rockwilder.mp3 '
> '106,Boys Choir of Harlem - Carol of the Bells \my music\Boys Choir
> of Harlem - Carol of the Bells.mp3 ' '273,Aaliyah - Rock The Boat \my
> music\aliyaah - rock the boat.mp3 ' '238,VA - Case - Not Your Friend
> \my music\va-case - not your friend.mp3 ' '353,Queen - Bohemian
> Rhapsody.mp3 \my music\queen - bohemian rhapsody.mp3 ' '233,A Chorus
> Line - One (Finale) \my music\a chorus line - One (Finale).mp3 '
> '317,Unknown Artist - outkast - southernplayalisticc \my
> music\outkast - Southernplayalisticcadillacfun.mp3 ' '269,Youngbloodz
> feat. Outkast - 85 South \my music\outkast - 85 South.mp3')

Now that is one eclectic playlist. :)

>>Not associated with the problem, but, can Squeak read/edit MP3 ID3
>>tags? Is there an editor? If not I wouldn't mind writing one as I
>>learn. But I don't know how to read the tags from the file yet.
>
> You should always check in the SqFixes archive:

I did browse my local copy of Squeak-Dev and read most all of Jason's
emails including the below.

I just thought it had to do with the playing of the MP3s not merely
looking at file attributes. Thanks again.

It shows how much I have to learn. :)
First don't assume... (ahem), just look at the code. :)

> http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/all
>
> which results in:
>
> http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/all#id3tagsjkd
> http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/all#id3