[Q] Strikefont - characterToGlyphMap (MacRoman vs. Windows encoding)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 24 09:46:01 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Check out the Win32NativeFonts package on SqueakMap - it contains the
> appropriate mapping.

Thank you Andreas for your answer. I found the code which helps me to
remap the already existing fonts in my image. It is posted below.

BTW the fonts as rendered by your Win32NativeFonts look very nice and
crisp. The somewhat make-shift look of the Squeak screens vanishes even
without Diegos enhancements added. Why can't we have similar high
quality bitmap fonts in the stock image.

Cheers
Hannes

-------------------------

HostFont>>

characterToGlyphMap := self isoToSqueakMap

isoToSqueakMap
	IsoToSqueakMap ifNotNil:[^IsoToSqueakMap].
	IsoToSqueakMap := Array new: 256.
	0 to: 255 do:[:i|
		IsoToSqueakMap at: i+1 put: (Character value: i) squeakToIso
asciiValue.
	].
	^IsoToSqueakMap