Commentary on Alan's Talk

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Apr 25 10:55:07 UTC 2003

Am Freitag, 25.04.03 um 06:56 Uhr schrieb Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org:

>   Todd,
>
>   Thanks for the link.  It is funny to see that this guy is trying to
> be an objective observer/scriber at first, but as I read through, his
> excitement creeps into the report and the last several paragraphs are
> just so emotional!
>
> -- Yoshiki
>
> At Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:54:22 -0600,
> tblanchard at mac.com wrote:
>>
>> Seems Cory Doctorow was kind of blown away.
>>
>> http://craphound.com/kayetcon2003

A comment from someone at
[http://www.quicktopic.com/boing/H/P6ZgUN8VW6irx]

	"The last 20 years of the PC have been *boring*.

	Just about the stupidest statement I've ever read. The last 20
	years includes the entire lifespan of the Macintosh, the entire
	history of desktop publishing, the web, home video editing
	and DVD burning, etc. What kind of an idiot considers these
	things boring?"

It really makes sense to start fresh, with kids who are not yet
entangled in prejudices what computers are all about.

-- Bert